Sunday, September 14, 2008

Family - What's Up

I am looking forward to having a place to keep the distant (in miles only) family members up to date on what is happening with this branch of the Bowen Family. We are holding our own. Although, we do miss having Dorothy around. There are times when I wish I could make her a young girl again because I miss her so much, but I can't so I must let her be her own person. But that is very hard. Jason is anxiously waiting for his mission call to come. (Actually, I think Mom is more anxious about it than he is.) We all know that he is going to be a dynamite missionary. He has grown so much spiritually in the past three years. His knowledge and understanding of the scripture is awesome. Jennifer is getting into high school life but sometimes wishes she could go back to middle school. The workload is already beginning to overwhelm her but she will do just fine. Band is also taking up a large portion of her life these days. Jack is anxiously waiting for his birthday to arrive. He can hardly wait. Everyone at church is also watching the calendar because he will be 12 this year, able to receive the Aaronic Priesthood , a deacon. It has been a while since we had a deacon in the branch. Earl and I are still working hard and trying to keep things running smoothly.

No comments: